- Preserves are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Please stay on designated trails.
- Wear red or orange during hunting season.
- Bring a walking stick or pole as hiking aid and to move obstacles out of the way.
- No dumping, littering, smoking, fires, swimming, hunting, or trapping.
- No motorized vehicles allowed.
- Help keep the preserves clean, carry in, carry out.
- Pets must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet. (Please see below for our Pet Policy)
Thank you, Southbury Land Trust
The Trustees of the Southbury Land Trust voted to permit only pets that are leashed on all SLT properties. This decision is a result of many factors and considerations such as: occasional complaints to SLT office and town Dog Warden of unruly or threatening dogs off leash, for-profit field training of hunting dogs on Platt Farm, avoidance of disturbance of plants and animals and their habitat as per SLT mission and DEP guidelines, safety of the public’s pets amidst active agriculture, hazards of animal waste, Town of Southbury ban on pets in parks and the Connecticut State Park’s leash laws.